Field Service Engineer (FSE)
ThermoFisher Scientific, Oxford (Field-Based), UK
Join us as a Field Service Engineer (FSE) and assist us in our mission to become the world leader in serving science. As a global company involved in the support of our customers in beating this pandemic, and the requirements following that we are looking for a technical strong person with a can-do attitude to service, maintain our customer’ cell biology analysis portfolio, consisting of InvitrogenTM AttuneTM acoustic flowcytometer and the BigfootTM Spectral Cell Sorter instruments and related products. You will work at the customer site in their lab, serving as a trusted expert. In doing so, you will help to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty and contribute to the overall success of our business.
This is a field-based role, linked to dedicated customers in the region albeit involves UK-travel.
What will you do?
- Provide on-site support to Bigfoot customers that include, but is not limited to: installation repairs and planned maintenance service of the stated equipment.
- Provide on-site and remote service and support with customer’ technical queries.
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision.
- Build long-lasting customer satisfaction and lyality by delivering service satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Properly maintain parts inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation in a timely fashion, including time & service reports, IQOQ documentation and internal and external e-mail and phone communications driving minimal downtime.
- Work global service and R&D teams to modify new and existing products to improve service and handling procedures.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to Thermo Fisher Support and service colleagues enabling fast and future resolutions.
- Interface effectively with other employees to resolve customer problems and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for: (experience, skills & abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, equivalent military experience or Associates Degree with 2 or more years’ experience in servicing research or medical equipment or a High School Diploma/GED and 10 or more years’ experience servicing research or medical equipment.
- Solid experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently and strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry and/or Cell Sorting instruments preferred.
- A technically savvy individual who can analyse and assess customer experimental needs and instrument issues with speed and rigor.
- A problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot technical complex queries.
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- Concise and excellent communicator with the ability to address the critical requirements that will address customer needs.
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field-based activities while managing time effectively.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive package
- Company car
- Excellent benefits - Private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, life assurance + flexible additional benefits.
- 25 days annual holiday
- Training, career progression and opportunities within a world leader in serving science.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.