Field Applications Specialist: Flow Cytometry
Remote / Field, to cover Germany, Switzerland Austria
Based in Germany
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in service science? If so, this might be the perfect role for you...
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist (FAS) to cover Germany, Switzerland Austria. As an FAS you will provide scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers with a focus on our cellular analysis products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers of diverse scientific backgrounds. You will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through your career.
- Provide in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on brand products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction.
- Perform product demonstrations and training at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Support the Support & Service organization in the achievement of the regional training and service contract sales target through customer interaction and relation.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in depth troubleshooting.
- Remain up to date with product and state of the art scientific know how and work in line with our Support & Service Competencies.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a MSc and/or PhD in Cell Biology, Immunology or related scientific field.
- Good working knowledge of flow cytometry applications is considered essential.
- Requires at least 3 years of laboratory or related work experience in cell biology.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic mathematical and statistical analysis to data.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer facing experience is an asset. Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Very strong communications and team-working skills.
- Capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Independent and self-driven personality.
- Available to travel throughout territory and internationally as needed.
- Clean driver’s license.