Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Research interests of the Department of Human Epigenetics, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, PAS, focus on human aging and aging-related diseases, and obesity. We study epidemiological and molecular aspects of these conditions, including epigenetic changes and their consequences. We analyze human tissues, primary cell cultures, utilize bioinformatics tools, and are working on implementing a new experimental models. We are currently looking for a researcher experienced in functional experiments using tissue cultures, visualisation techniques, flow cytometry, and molecular biology techniques.
- MSc in biology or similar field,
- knowledge in the field of epigenetics and molecular biology,
- documented scientific achievements,
- ability to work in rooms with high cleanliness classes,
- experience in the production of primary human cell cultures, andin the culturing of adherent and suspended cells, cell banking, transfection and functional testing (proliferation, apoptosis, cell aging, DNA damage, etc.),
- training in flow cytometry, optimally confirmed by a certificate,
- independence and very good organization of laboratory work,
- ability to collaborate with other team members,
- ability to analyze data and knowledge of statistical methods used in scientific research (eg knowledge of the STATISTICA package),
- good command of English,
- indication of IMDiK PAN as the first place of work.
Description of functions under the workplace:
- work in a cell culture laboratory,
- conducting research on cell cultures, including functional tests,
- conducting research using highly specialized equipment, e.g. flow cytometer, confocal microscopy,
- conducting research using molecular biology methods,
- introduction of new research technologies to improve the quality of scientific research,
- publishing results in journals with a significant impact factor,
- preparation of conference communications and manuscripts, participation in seminars, courses and trainings,
- preparation of grant applications, implementation of research projects and preparation of reports on conducted research.