Research Technologist - (3068374)
Immune Monitoring Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, USA
A position is open for a full time Research Technologist at the MGH Cancer Center in the Immune Monitoring Laboratory. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the development of this service-orientated, clinically focused research laboratory.
The mission of the laboratory is to provide comprehensive high quality immune monitoring that is of a high quality, innovative and enables translational research of immune-based therapies. This position is ideal for an exceptionally driven candidate interested in acquiring rigorous training in flow cytometry, molecular techniques, assay development and clinical validation. This is a unique opportunity for scientific growth and interaction in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
The candidate is expected to independently carry out the daily activities of the laboratory with minimal supervision once trained. Staff must work to GCLP standards.
Duties include but are not restricted to:
- Process and bank blood from patients undergoing immune-based therapy.
- Maintain accurate sample storage and record keeping.
- Perform multi-colour flow cytometry and data analysis.
- Quantification of cytokine and soluble receptors in plasma using multi-plex and ELISA.
- Extraction of DNA and RNA from patient samples.
- Perform ddPCR for monitoring CAR-T expansion.
- Contribute to assay development, quality control processes and technical validation. .
- Problem solving and assay development (with supervision).
- Train new lab members in the various techniques.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Document any technical issues and the corrective action required.
- Oversee stocktaking, purchasing of reagents and consumables.
- Communicate with vendors regarding service contracts, maintenance and repairs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant subject is required.
- Must have 3 or more years of experience in either a clinical or research laboratory.
- Significant experience with flow cytometry and molecular techniques is desirable.
- Must be conscientious and highly organized, capable of juggling multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
- Quick and eager to learn new skills on the job and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work as part of the team.
- Experience in problem solving within the laboratory setting.
- Willingness to work to GCLP standards.