Leukemia and Epigenetics, Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
We, the team of Marcus Buschbeck at the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC), are looking for a motivated postdoctoral researcher that is interested in the intersection between epigenetics and leukemia. The exact project will be decided together with the candidate and could be related to several of the following aspects:
- Spectrum of clonal myeloid malignancies from clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential (CHIP) to myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- Interactions of the bone marrow niche affecting hematopoietic stem cells.
- Chromatin regulators as drug targets.
- 3D chromatin architecture, histone variants and their interaction with metabolism.
Please also visit our group webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en/Chromatin_Metabolism_and_Cell_Fate
What we need:
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Knowledge of leukemia biology.
- Experience in experimental methods such as the culture and manipulation of primary hematopoietic cells.
- A competitive CV with a track record of publications that demonstrate the expertise.
- Completed PhD less than 5 years ago.
- Collaborative attitude and communication skills.
- International mobility and eligibility for European funding schemes such as MSCA will be considered a major plus.
- Good level of English speaking and writing skills (required). Spanish (helpful).
What we offer:
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- The opportunity to develop an exciting and innovative research project.
- The mixed basic and clinical research environment of the IJC.
- The international network of the Buschbeck lab.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Contract details will take into account the track record of the candidate.
- Start date anytime before 1 August 2020.
How to apply:
- To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 25 Feb 2020