Research Assistant 2-B/H
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Research Assistant 2-B/H reports to the Flow Cytometry Shared Resource (FCSR) in the Comprehensive Cancer Center;
- to serve as a qualified flow cytometry instrumentation operator in the Flow Cytometry Shared Resource;
- provides services to investigators across OSU;
- assists with all activities of the FCSR including data management, inventory management and instrument quality control, interacts with research and hospital clinical staff;
- helps to manage appointment log, written and computer formats, and close out appointments in eRamp.
- Also schedules EHS pickups and deliveries; assists in keeping instrument maintenance records;
- Using prescribed laboratory methods assists with the design and implementation of experiments; performs routine research and patient sample analysis for investigators on flow cytometry instruments;
- responsible for analysis of the flow cytometric data and application of fluorescent concepts including multiparameter analysis;
- works closely with investigators and research staff providing consultative services regarding sample preparation and collection/interpretation of data results;
- coordinates scheduling and usage of instrumentation; assists with routine maintenance and quality control of FCSR equipment, coordinates maintenance visits and troubleshoots problems with instrumentation;
- assists in the preparation of presentation quality graphics for manuscripts and grant submissions;
- locates reviews and performs analysis of literature pertinent to research projects;
- performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in a biological/health science or an equivalent combination of education is required.
- Ability to translate, adapt and apply academic or practical knowledge in the conduct of biological/health science research is required.
- Requires successful completion of a background check.
- Qualified candidates may be requested to complete a pre-employment physical including a drug screen
The OSUCCC – James is the only cancer program in the United States that features a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center aligned with a nationally ranked academic medical center and a freestanding cancer hospital on the campus of one of the nation’s largest public universities.