Flow Cytometry Support Scientist
BD Biosciences, Winnersh, UK
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Purpose or the Role
To provide training and flow cytometry support to UK & Ireland end users of BD Biosciences reagents and instrumentation systems, and support to the UK&I sales team in the form of pre-sales demonstrations, presentations, and seminars.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of in-house flow cytometry training to UK&I end users of BD Biosciences (BDB) instrumentation and reagent systems.
- Provision of remote flow cytometry support throughout the UK&I region, including telephone and email support, remote desktop, merged video reality software, and MS Teams sessions.
- Pre-sales demonstration of BDB instrumentation/reagents/systems to potential customers.
- Delivery of customer focused seminars, presentations, and workshops.
- Entry of relevant information into the customer relationship database.
- Provision of in-house product training for sales force, technical service, and customer service teams.
- Standing as the main point of contact for all matters related to the BDB laboratory.
- Ensuring the lab is kept in ‘green room’ like conditions to showcase BDB products to their best.
- Ensuring weekly and monthly maintenance of the BDB lab flow cytometers and workstations. Working with technical services to plan technical preventive maintenance according to the instrument schedule.
- Maintaining stock of reagents, controls and blood samples for training and demonstration purposes through regular stock checks and close work with the Applications Specialists team.
- Management of the instrument and item tracking system.
- Ensuring all relevant health and safety documents are kept up to date.
- Acting as emergency contact for the BDB lab.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Educated to a Degree level or equivalent you have proven experience in a field of life sciences (preferably focused on immunology, cell biology or haematology); postgraduate degree desirable.
- A scientific background with laboratory experience is essential; practical flow cytometry experience is desirable.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to apply logical approach to problem resolution.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Self-motivated attitude and willingness to learn.
- Good knowledge of computer and software systems, including Microsoft Office applications.
- You enjoy working in teams
- Willing to travel within UK&I as appropriate.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.