Flow Cytometry Core Manager
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, USA
Classification: Exempt; Administrative Staff
Reports To: Principal Investigator, Dr. Harvey Lodish
- Operation and maintenance of a BL2+ flow cytometry core facility equipped with 1BD FACSCanto -HTS bench top cytometer, a BD LSRII SORP bench top cytometer, a BD LSRFortessa SORP-HTS, two BD FACSAria SORP high speed cell sorters, a SONY Cell sorter, three Bioprotect II Safety Cabinets, and one stand-alone computers with flow cytometry analysis software.
- Optimization of utilization of equipment
- Performance of demos and facility tours as needed
- Maintenance, monitoring of performance, and troubleshooting of all equipment and associated peripherals
- Interact with vendors and engineers
- Grant writing and preparation of reports as needed
- Orient new users to the facility
- Train staff and new users
- Provide expert technical assistance and consultation on user experimental design
- Prepare, review, and revise all written training materials, policy, and protocols for the facility
- Track usage and bill for services rendered
- Perform inventory and order supplies
- Keep current with trends, equipment and software in the field through reading, attending seminars, trade shows, conferences, and visits to other core facilities
- Provide high quality customer service and welcome customer feedback to improve services.
- Manage core facility personnel; includes approval of time sheets, vacation, performance evaluations, scheduling of tasks, and mentoring.
- PhD in biology or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years flow cytometry experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible and demonstrate good skills in instruction and training
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of Institute staff.
Interested candidates can submit a resume to email@example.com