Flow Cytometry Tech I
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, USA
ob Summary: Operates and maintains flow cytometry instrumentation under supervision and is expected to identify equipment malfunctions and/or adjustments as needed to ensure the highest quality of operation as possible. Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills required to assist multiple professionals including Principal Investigators, Research Fellows and Graduate Students.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for booking and billing of appointments in the Flow Cytometry Core. Responsible for the
maintenance of and billing for supply centers.
- Collaborates with Flow Cytometry Core Staff in training and education programs within the core.
- Operates and maintains flow cytometry instrumentation under supervision and is expected to identify equipment malfunctions and/or adjustments as needed to ensure the highest quality of operation as possible.
- Archive data monthly and maintain workstation computers.
- Perform daily and weekly quality control checks on the benchtop flow cytometers.
- Perform routine laboratory duties including ordering of lab supplies, general lab upkeep, disposal of laboratory waste, and minor maintenance of laboratory equipment, including monthly cleaning protocols.
- Attends Medical Center lectures regarding all safety requirements/conditions.
- Bachelor's degree required in Biology or related field.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.