Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, Flow Cytometry, Scotland & Ireland, UK
Reporting to the Sales Manager, Northern European Region, the purpose of this role is to acquire and retain customers by promoting Beckman Coulter's range of flow cytometry products in aconfident, articulateand compelling manner. As the successful candidate, you would join our Life Science’s Flow Cytometry team and act as the primary customer-facing Company representative in Scotland & Ireland and be responsible for achieving and exceeding assigned sales numbers and overall revenue targets derived from instruments, reagents and service revenue, to ensure maximum growth as well as actively promoting the Company’s products and services.
This role will involve managing and developing current customer accounts, as well as acquiring competitive accounts within your defined territory. In Scotland, you would be responsible for all Flow Cytometry Accounts whereas in Ireland the responsibility would be only for the Clinical Accounts.
The Flow Cytometry market is constantly growing, and we are a major playerin this exciting world. The Flow Cytometry business plays a vital role within Beckman Coulter Life Sciences and the focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for many organisations.
- To strategically manage existing customers, to help protect & develop our existing business, gain new business and meet or exceed sales targets in the assigned territory
- To build positive relationships with selected customers throughout the customer's organisation utilise these relationships to develop strategies for customer development
- Set, lead and execute the agreed sales strategy to achieve market share gain within the territory. Be the primary contact for customers and engage with them to ensure businessopportunities are maximised, for both retention and competitor accounts.
- To produce a detailed business plan and visit management activity in line with company strategic targets for assigned customers and territories
- Develop negotiating strategies & positions by studying the identified customer base; examining risk potentials and anticipating the customer's needs and goals
- To perform all sales activities within the assigned geographic territory such as customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, customer seminars and channel management.
- To increase awareness of Beckman Coulter products by attending exhibitions, seminars and other events and conducting direct marketing initiatives alongside other promotional activities as the need arises
- To regularly maintain and document all activities in the salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management database (CRM) effectively, including accurate funnel management
- To engage technical support staff to resolve customers issues and problems as needed
- Have a good understanding of the UK/IRE Flow Cytometry Market and monitor and report on competitor/marketplace trends to allow rapid reaction to market movements
- Proactively seek opportunities to convert competitor business
- Build and maintain contacts with recognised key opinion leaders
Qualifications & Experience
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree in science, with a strong background (scientific and technical) in Flow Cytometry or a related subject. A Master’s degree or PhD would be an advantage
- Previous experience of technical selling within the Life Science, Industrial and/or Academic sector, and/or laboratory work experience would an advantage
- Solid understanding of sales skills including, prospecting, qualifying, closing and growing existing customers and leading/project managing tender responses
- Results orientated, highly driven, self-motivated with the determination to succeed within a fast-paced and extremely complex environment.
- Excellent listening skills, with a self-motivated and resultsdriven personality
- Outstanding planning and organization skills with evidence of creation and execution of strategic account plans
- A forward-thinking and eloquent approach with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Located in Scotland or Ireland, with a willingness to travel extensively (80%). A full UK driving licence being essential