Field Marketing Manager Flow Cytometry
Northern Region (UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and the Netherlands)
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents.
For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits.
We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Beckman Coulter Life Science Field Marketing Manager - Flow Cytometry, Northern Region (UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and the Netherlands) Location: Field based (within reasonable driving distance from High Wycombe office) PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To develop and implement marketing plans as an integral part of the business development activities of Beckman Life science Business within specific product lines and customer market segments.
- To work in concert with the flow cytometry business unit to translate business unit strategy, product positioning into Northern Region Europe region specific tactical business plans (sales and marketing).
- To gather market intelligence through direct customer contact and through the sales organization to support the global business unit with the development of future product line business strategy.
- To engage and cultivate strategic customer relationships within Flow Cytometry and Northern Region Europe in order to understand key market trends and to develop a strong network of reference contacts.
- Leveraging a close understanding of the market and customers’ needs, create, implement and measure impact of local/regional demand generation tactics.
- Responsible, in partnership with the flow cytometry Sales Managers and VP of sales, to develop field marketing campaigns in order to generate demand for Beckman Coulter Life science solutions especially flow cytometry solutions
- Gather detailed regional and product line specific market intelligence from customers and the sales organisation to
- Provide insight to the BU product managers to assist in the development of future business and product strategy.
- Use market intelligence to develop and implement sales tools that enhance sales force effectiveness
- Work with flow cytometry sales managers and sales representatives to identify and cultivate reference customers;
- Customers will be supported to become customer advocates of Beckman Coulter.
- Customers may present Beckman Coulter solutions within key technical conferences.
- Customers may act as references to facilitate and advance other opportunities.
- Work closely with commercial marketing teams, using customer and market intelligence, to support the development and implementation of successful digital demand generation campaigns.
- Ensure a detailed understanding of completion products and solutions and work with the BU product management to develop effective competitive counter strategies and tactics.
- Identify and ensure attendance at key trade shows and technical conferences to enhance customer awareness of Beckman Coulter Life Science solutions.
- Work alongside Sales Operations to extract and analyse data from Beckman Coulter Systems (SFDC, Oracle) to provide insight into sales performance, competitive tactics and associated sales tools in order to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Work with Sales Operations and sales Management to identify and implement Kaizen opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial teams.
- Responsible for development and monitoring Field Marketing KPI’s, metrics and bowlers.
- Work alongside Sales Managers to support new hire training during the on-boarding process.
- Support and train the sales organisation via appropriate product and/or application training.
- Using customer and market intelligence, support the development and implementation of inside sales tactics and campaigns.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Scientific qualification at degree level of Bachelor’s or above required
- MBA qualification preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing management in the scientific market (business involving capital equipment experience would be benefical)
- High flexibility and autonomous work methods, confident navigation in dynamic environment
- Ability to lead by persuasion and influence
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- High level of commercial acumen
- Experience of working within a global, multi-cultural, matrix organisation
- Willing to travel regularly (approximately 30-50%)
- Successful candidate will live in the United Kingdom preferably within reasonable driving distance for Beckman Coulter UK headquarter in High Wycombe
- Full UK driving licence