Flow Cytometry Specialist
GIGA Institute l'Université de Liège, Belgium
As a Flow Cytometry Specialist, you will work at the GIGA Flow Cytometry Platform and play an active role in the execution, alongside of numerous researchers, of flow cytometry-based assays across various research areas.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the various operational aspects of multi-instrument flow cytometry facility. Please, have look on the GIGA flow cytometry platform website to read the list of 8 FACS-instruments available at the platform.
- Train new customers on the different FACS instruments, accordingly with their applications.
- Give advices to the researchers to design panels (up to 18 colors) for a wide range of applications (ex: multi colors phenotyping, cell cycle, apoptosis, calcium fluxes…) and support them to ensure quality work.
- Help the researchers to run their FACS analyzes or cell sorting experiments and to analyze flow data from different applications.
- Perform some of the FACS cell sorting experiments for the researchers.
- Track performance, calibration, maintenance and booking of the 8 different flow cytometers and take corrective actions, if needed.
- Be in charge of FACS-related reagents stock management.
- Be in charge of FACS-maintenance schedule with different companies.
- Be responsible for all-FACS related SOPs and documentation.
- Support the platform manager in budgeting flow cytometry spending
- You hold a bachelor or Master’s degree in Biology or Life Sciences, or equivalent.
- You have experience in flow cytometry assays, designing panels, performing FACS analysis and cell sorting.
- You have experience in flow data analyzing.
- You are analytical, rigorous, autonomous, committed and flexible.
- You have strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills.
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- You have good knowledge of MS Office (outlook, Word, Excel).
Other elements that are certainly a plus:
- Hands on experience on the 8 FACS instruments available at our flow cytometry platform.
- Experience working with customers.
- Good knowledge of FlowJo.
- Experience in L2 laboratory good practices.
- A stimulating position in contact with a large number of people, mainly from the GIGA-Research Institute structured in 9 thematic research units that total close to 600 people distributed in about 50 laboratories.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- A one-year renewable contract, starting as soon as possible.
- A salary in line with your experience.
- Applicants are invited to respond as soon as possible, in French or English. Please, include in PDF format your CV and a letter describing as much as possible your personal qualifications and motivation for applying.
- Applications or informal enquiries should be sent via email to: Sandra Ormenese