Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Perform a variety of laboratory procedures in support of immune monitoring of cancer immunotherapy trials, mainly focused on developing and validating multicolor flow cytometry assays, clinical sample testing with validated flow assays, and clinical sample processing (PBMC isolation from whole blood). Experience with high dimensional flow analysis using data reduction tools would be valuable. Experience with other types of immunology assays (ELISA, multiplex immunoassays) would be a plus but not required.
We are currently searching for a Research Assistant to support the Immune Monitoring Core Facility in the Ludwig Center for Cancer Immunotherapy at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing and performing multiparameter flow cytometry assays on the BD LSR Fortessa X-20 and/or FACSymphony X-50 (surface and intracellular staining methods plus high dimensional flow data analysis) in support of immune monitoring of cancer clinical trials single; may also be involved in multiplex immunoassays for soluble protein biomarkers or serological assays to measure antibody responses by ELISA or protein microarrays
- Supporting clinical sample processing including PBMC isolation/cryopreservation from whole blood, extraction of TILs from tumor tissue, and assistance in the accurate maintenance of clinical sample inventories for proper sample tracking.
- Researching scientific literature for methods and procedures that may be considered for application or modification to current procedures; optimizing/troubleshooting methodologies where appropriate; ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies as needed for experiments.
- Drafting and strictly adhering to laboratory standard operating procedures for assays and routine methodologies; carrying out assay validation experiments; drafting technical reports; maintaining accurate, daily records of experiments, patient sample information, material/reagent lots, and results in laboratory notebooks.
- Analyzing data and creating graphs using appropriate software (e.g., FlowJo, Prism) and data visualization tools; writing reports of results and methods used; interpreting and discussing results of each experiment with supervisor as part of the planning process for subsequent studies; presenting data at regular lab meetings.
- Routine maintenance and operation of a variety of laboratory instruments used to perform sample analyses which may include, but are not limited to: multicolor flow cytometers, ELISA readers, multiplex immunoassay analyzers, cell counting instruments.
- Following proper safety recommendations and handling procedures for different biological and chemical materials in regular use in the laboratory.
- Training other laboratory personnel as needed in the use of sophisticated laboratory equipment and in the performance of specialized procedures or techniques.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply / Contact
Please provide specific experience in flow cytometry and working with human clinical samples (e.g., multicolor panel design, number of parameters, SOP drafting, PBMC sample testing using validated flow panels, complex data analysis experience using flow and graphing software).
Please send resume to: Dr. Phillip Wong