Senior Research Scientist for Assay Development in CAR T Cell Therapy (m|f|d)
Miltenti Biotec, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
Progress prospers with inspiration and curiosity. For 30 years Miltenyi Biotec has been developing products and services that are used in basic research, translational research and cell therapy. Today we are a team of more than 3,000 scientists, physicians, engineers, marketers and numerous other specialists. At Miltenyi Biotec, innovative ideas are being turned into cutting edge products. Together, we are passionate about driving biomedical progress towards curing severe diseases.
- Within our R&D department your work focuses on the development of innovative reagents and methods for the analytics of CAR T cells for clinical and research applications.
- You implement assays for the quality control of cellular products for therapeutical application and immunomonitoring of patients treated with CAR T cells.
- It is your responsibility to outline project plans, drive the execution of the project, document the progress, report the results and manage the corresponding budget.
- Within an interdisciplinary team you closely collaborate with others in the R&D department as well as with Cell Manufacturing Facilities, Production, Marketing, Clinical Development, and Quality Control.
- You are in regular dialogue with and constantly expand your network of collaborators in academia, industry and with clinicians. Additionally, you extend your knowledge by attending scientific conferences.
- You have successfully completed your PhD in immunology or immuno-oncology and have gained significant scientific experiences as PostDoc or in a relevant industrial environment, preferentially in the area of CAR T cells.
- You have excellent skills in T cell analytical methods, which include strong knowledge in phenotypical and functional characterization and multi-parameter flow cytometry. In addition you have ideally worked on immunofluorescent microscopy, magnetic cell separation, and molecular biological methods. Hands-on experience in bioinformatical data processing is a plus.
- Your scientific curiosity drives you and you are passionate about the initiation and coordination of projects in the context of clinical and research applications.
- Creativity distinguishes you, you are able to work in an independent, quality-oriented fashion, and you are open to new challenges.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills round off your profile. Ideally, you have gained experiences in KOL management and project management.
What we offer
- A modern workplace and exciting opportunities in the development of technologies with a secure future
- Cross-border intercultural cooperation and short communication channels
- A collegial corporate culture and flexible working hours enable time management on your own terms
- Personalized employee development program: specialist and personal training courses provided by our own training academy
- Diverse corporate benefits with regard to employee health, sport, and staff events