Global Market Development Manager - Flow Cytometry
Thermo Fisher Scientific, USA
What will you do?
The Global Market Development Manager (GMD) will develop and execute marketing programs for flow cytometry instrument systems using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy focus. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the Protein and Cell Analysis Global Market Development team. This role is responsible for working with a broad team, including regional and business counterparts, to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans to then execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI and revenue targets and other annual operating plan objectives.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for flow cytometry instrumentation portfolio, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develop and execute engaging, bold tactical marketing plans for new and/or existing portfolio products including those for Attune NxT and Cytkick Autosampler instruments.
- Drive demand generation for these portfolios delivering and evaluating the quality of marketing qualified leads to the technical sales specialist team
- Develop customer personas for each portfolio segment and implement a customer segmentation program to build global audiences.
- Create and implement appropriate technical marketing content across digital channels, including web, video, social media, paid search and display advertising.
- Develop sales force selling tools, technical training and customer facing materials in collaboration with product management, R&D, and commercial teams.
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Cancer cell biology or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience developing a marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for highly technical reagent platforms requiring a complex selling approach
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps, 3Cs and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Technical knowledge in flow cytometry analysis markets
- Experience with product area marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Experience writing technical scientific content with ability to develop messaging for sales and customer facing materials.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Ability to manage complexity of multiple product lines with distinct go to market strategies.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- A strong record building alignment in cross-functional teams and navigating within a matrix organization to achieve goals.
- Travel may be required. (up to 25%)
- Masters of Science and/or PhD in life sciences discipline