Scientist III - Cell Biology
ThermoFisher Scientific, Eugene, USA
The Scientist III role will primarily be focused on developing tools, reagents and workflow solutions for flow cytometry. The successful candidate will lead R & D efforts as part of a cross functional team and possess a strong background in immunology, cell biology, or related field.
- Responsible primarily for product development activities or in some cases, the complete product development workflow
- May serve as the technical lead or as one of several biologists on cross-functional teams
- Design and execute experiments needed during product development utilizing the product commercialization process (PCP)
- Communicate technical background, experimental results, and project risks to the broader team
- Contribute well-considered ideas for new products and customer solutions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in flow cytometry including; performing functional assays, immunophenotyping, designing and implementing multiplex panels, and spectral flow cytometry
- Extensive experience in scientific experimental design, execution and analysis
- Must to be able to interpret data, present results to broader audience and highlight take-aways and risks
- Capable of troubleshooting technical and logistical challenges
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of prioritizing work across multiple projects
- Able to be highly collaborative, work within diverse teams and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strongly preferred: working knowledge of fluorescence microscopy, fluorescence detection technologies, cell-based assay development or 3D model systems
How will you get here?
- A Ph.D. Immunology, Biology or a related field, with relevant post-doctoral industrial or academic experience or a BS/MS with 4-6 years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
- Experience with fluorescence assay reagent product development desired
- Minimum of two years of experience in cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and other relevant techniques desired
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation