Scientific Sales Representative, Northern UK
STEMCELL Technologies, Cambridge, UK
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Scientific Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to manage the existing relationship of STEMCELL Technologies as well as to generate revenue in the Northern UK and Ireland territory by identifying potential customers, introducing them to our products and working with them by providing technical support and customer service so as to ensure that they purchase products and become “happy customers”. The Scientific Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring that the target revenue for the territory is achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and propose bi-annual business plans for the territory, focusing on quarterly and annual sales objectives in accordance with overall Sales and Marketing plans
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within the territory.
- Locate new potential customers via prospecting, cold calling and setting up appointments with key decision makers.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by Inside Sales or through marketing activities.
- Prepare price quotations, discounts and custom requests at the customers’ request.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge so as to be able to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their research needs.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support.
- Liaise with Product and Scientific Support staff regarding difficult customer queries.
- Document all communications and customer interactions in CRM (SFDC).
- Provide feedback from the field to Sales Management about market dynamics, product performance, competition and market potential.
- Prepare proposals to respond to requests for custom orders.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Hematology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Sales experience is an asset.